Kintec Recruitment Limited is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers (candidates). Kintec must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services and in doing so, we act as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to Kintec directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website or other social media accounts, or we may collect them from other sources such as a job board. Kintec must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-seeking services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you, we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
Collection and use of personal data
The information you give us or we collect about you may include your name, address, private and corporate e-mail address and phone number, compliance documentation and references verifying your qualifications and experience, your right to work in the United Kingdom, curriculum vitae and photograph, links to your professional profiles available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, business Facebook or corporate website.
Information may be obtained directly to us or from other sources such as LinkedIn, corporate websites, online CV portals, your business card, personal recommendations or social media. In this case we will inform you, by sending you this privacy notice, within a maximum of 30 days of collecting the data of the fact we hold personal data about you, the source the personal data originates from and whether it came from publicly accessible sources, and for what purpose we intend to retain and process your personal data.
The core service we offer to our candidates and clients is the introduction of candidates to our clients for the purpose of temporary or permanent engagement. Kintec will only collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process it for the purposes of providing work-seeking services.
Some of the information you provide to us may be transferred outside the European Economic Area including countries such as India. This is a transfer to a “third country”. For example Kintec has a business relationship with an outsourcing company in India. Please note that the support we receive is for the purposes of CV formatting only where we have put in place appropriate contractual provisions to ensure that there are strict regulations regarding both the confidentiality and security of any of your personal information.
The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
• Legitimate interest – we use this basis for work-seeking services for prospective candidates prior to submission or placement with clients for temporary or permanent roles. As a recruitment business and recruitment agency we introduce candidates to clients for permanent employment, temporary worker placements or independent professional contracts. The exchange of personal data of our candidates and our client contacts is a fundamental, essential part of this process. In order to
support our candidates’ career aspirations and our clients’ resourcing needs we require a database of candidate and client personal data containing historical information as well as current resourcing requirements. To maintain, expand and develop our business we need to record the personal data of prospective candidates and client contacts. As a work-seeker you have responded to an advertisement placed by us or actively pursued work-seeking services via a job board or other third party portal and have been added to our database. As a client you have expressed an interest in using or have previously used recruitment businesses for sourcing suitable candidates and have been added to our database.
• Consent – before we submit CV’s or place a work-seeker we will obtain consent to advance the recruitment process. We will in some circumstances rely on consent for particular uses of your data and you will be asked for your express consent, if legally required. Should we want or need to rely on consent to lawfully process your data we will request your consent orally or by email and record your response on our system. Where consent is the lawful basis for our processing you have the right to withdraw your consent to this particular processing at any time.
• Legal obligation – when work-seeking is successful we will continue to process and store candidate and client data for HMRC and to fulfil all of our legal obligations and within our retention periods.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we intend to enter into or have entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us or we think will be of interest to you because it is relevant to your career or to your organisation.
• To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, been provided with or enquired about.
Your personal data is stored on our servers which are in the UK. Some third party portals are used by Kintec clients, and from time to time your data may be required to be submitted to these systems. We work closely with third parties including payment and other services, professional advisors and client managed service providers. We may receive information about you from them or be required to provide information to them for the purposes of our recruitment services and ancillary support services.
In some instances, these third party portals store data outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). We have been given assurances that adequate security and management is in place but cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide and you should always contact them directly should you wish to confirm that they are processing your data within the GDPR.
Prior to providing your personal data we will let you know and obtain consent before proceeding with these submissions.
We do not undertake automated decision making or profiling. We do use our computer systems to search and identify personal data in accordance with parameters set by a consultant. A person will always be involved in the decision-making process.
We also use your data to notify you about changes to our service, inform you of relevant legislation or to measure customer satisfaction as part of our ISO continuous improvement program.
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time and are reflected in our retention policy, for example:
• The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
• We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where Kintec has obtained your consent to process your personal (and sensitive personal) data, we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon expiry of that period Kintec will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your personal (and sensitive personal) data.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Please be aware you have the following data protections rights:
• The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
• The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
• The right to rectification of your personal data;
• The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
• The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
• The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
• The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
• The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
• The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to Kintec processing your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, or to exercise any of the other rights listed, by contacting our Data Protection Team:
Post- Kintec Recruitment Ltd, Floor 5, Building 4, Exchange Quay, Salford Quays, Manchester, M5 3EE.
We want to make sure your information is accurate and we will delete or amend any information that is found to be inaccurate.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information as necessary.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We keep our policies under regular review and updates to our privacy notice are automatically posted to this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
This policy was last updated 21st May 2018.
Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact our Data Protection Team:
Post- Kintec Recruitment Ltd, Floor 5, Building 4, Exchange Quay, Salford Quays, Manchester, M5 3EE.
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.